I founded Acuity Public Relations LLC in 2012 to offer clients one-on-one expertise, cost-effective and results-driven strategic communications services.
Since 1984 I’ve planned and implemented successful marketing and public relations programs for private sector, government and not-for-profit clients in in Ohio, Puerto Rico, California and Connecticut. I formerly served as director of public relations for The Pita Group, developing and implementing public relations and marketing communications strategies for the company’s clients. I was marketing director at OPTIM Inc., a Sturbridge, Ma.-based OEM endoscope manufacturer. I was vice president/account supervisor at Durazo Communications, a Los Angeles-based public relations agency active in the Hispanic/Latino market. I served as communications director for the United Way of Puerto Rico (Fondos Unidos de Puerto Rico) in San Juan, Puerto Rico and as communications director for the United Way of Southeastern Connecticut in Gales Ferry, Conn.
My strategic marketing, content development and public relations expertise have:
- Positioned subject matter experts within two Fortune 50 healthcare organizations
- Driven visitors to exhibits at a leading state historical society
- Enhanced the reputation and growth of a family-owned regional home care agency
- Showcased the active lifestyles at two continuum-of-care retirement communities
- Helped attract new volunteers and donors to not-for profit organizations in Connecticut, Los Angeles and Puerto Rico
- Helped increase recycling rates in central Connecticut
- Reinforced a mutual bank’s community image
- Positioned a manufacturer’s environmentally friendly hydrogen generation system
- Helped boost visits to Connecticut tourism destinations
- Highlighted programs that improve parenting skills and prevent child abuse
- Helped re-brand a respected public library
I hold an MBA in international marketing from Rensselaer Polytechnic University – Hartford and a BA in journalism from Ohio Wesleyan University. In 2008, I was named Public Relations Practitioner of the Year by the Public Relations Society of America’s Connecticut chapters. I have served as a marketing volunteer for Connecticut FIRST® (For Inspiration and Recognition of Science and Technology), which inspires young people ages 6-18 across Connecticut to be science and technology leaders through mentor-based programs that teach technology concepts and teamwork skills through robotics.